Monday, March 10, 2008

Away...Beyond the Flowers

gratified
and perplexed
in partial doses
that are over doses
essential oils
potent
and long lasting

there is no room
for these shapes
without building new
rooms
or renovating those
become empty
ghosted
and vacuous
antiques
with dust
and sheets

such ferocity of late
cannibals and shape shifters
threats from the shadows
the primordial places
the liminal spaces
the space
betwixt and between

you're beyond the flowers now
beyond the artifice
essence fishing
but liberated?
imprisoned?
both
and neither

you are seeing with butterfly eyes
pathways and targets and signs
nectar here
pollen there
beyond our human frequency

the infatuation of the mist grows
while its nature
drives it upward
outward
away

I look away
I stay away
you're feeling this same warm breeze
if westerly
only moments before me.
Zephyr, and you are first
as it always will
be.

1 comment:

lissa said...

what a poem. I'm not very good at commenting about poems but I do like reading them and you use one of m favorite new word - zephyr.

thanks for visiting my blog. I really appreciate it.